Evaluating Food Assistance Programs in an Era of Welfare Reform: Summary of a Workshop
||January 1, 1999
Note: Proceedings contain the opinion of the presenters, but do NOT reflect the conclusions of the Health and Medicine Division or the National Academies. Learn more about the differences between Reports and Proceedings.
In collaboration with the Board on Children, Youth, and Families of the NRC and the Institute of Medicine (IOM), and with the Food and Nutrition Board of the IOM, CNSTAT convened a one-and-a-half-day workshop on February 12-13, 1998, to discuss evaluation of food assistance programs in an era of welfare reform.
The workshop had five main goals:
- to provide overviews of research conducted for policy analysis of food assistance programs,
- to review the state of the art in program evaluation methods,
- to review data sources relevant to the needed policy analysis and research,
- to identify innovative directions for research, and
- to identify issues for further study through commissioned research or an NRC panel.