Tax Policy Webinar
On April 30, 2018, at 12 pm ET, a webinar was held to offer an opportunity for discussion of commodity tax policy and how it can help shape community conditions for health and health equity.
The webinar was a follow-on to the December 2017 workshop on tax policy held by the Roundtable on Population Health Improvement. The workshop agenda and materials, including video, are available here. A proceedings in brief has been published here, and a full-length proceedings is forthcoming.
- Welcome and introductions: Alina Baciu, director, Roundtable on Population Health Improvement
- Overview of commodity taxes: Aysha Pamukcu, staff attorney, ChangeLab Solutions
- Berkeley’s sugar sweetened beverage tax: Xavier Morales, executive director, The Praxis Project
- Tobacco experience: Frank Chaloupka, director, Health Policy Center, Institute for Health Research and Policy, the University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public Health
- Q&A and Discussion: Aysha Pamukcu (moderator)
Be sure to explore the related resources on the right rail including the sections of For the Public's Health Revitalizing Law and Policy to Meet New Challenges covering preemption on pages 7-12, 48-58, and 71.
Missed the Webinar?
Click here to watch the recording.
Upcoming Meetings for this Activity
March 21, 2019 (8:00 AM Eastern)