Meeting 2: Workshop on Food Allergies: Global Burden, Causes, Treatment, Prevention, and Public Policy
The second meeting of the Committee on Food Allergies: Global Burden, Causes, Treatment, Prevention, and Public Policy will take place August 31-September 2, 2015 at the Keck Center in Washington, D.C. The workshop is scheduled from 12:15pm-5:30pm on August 31 and 7:45am-6:00 pm on September 1. The committee will hold a closed meeting on September 2.
The workshop will explore current knowledge, research, and trends surrounding food allergies, discuss the unique needs and challenges of living with food allergies, and draw on international perspectives in measuring, preventing, and managing food allergies. There will be an opportunity for public comment. Topics covered will include:
• Food allergies within a socio-ecological context
• Basic mechanisms of food allergy
• Diagnostics and monitoring strategies
• Early determinants of food allergies
• Prevention of food allergies
• Living with food allergies
• Particular settings of concern: Schools, Colleges/Universities, Restaurants, Air travel, Food marketing and retail locations
• Food industry and regulatory environment
Space is limited. To register for the workshop, follow the link in the upper right corner of this page. REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE AT 4PM FRIDAY, AUGUST 28TH.
For any additional questions, please contact: