Prevention, Diagnosis, Treatment and Management of Substance Use Disorders in the U.S. Armed Forces: July 2011
The third open session meeting of the committee on the Prevention, Diagnosis, Treatment and Management of Substance Use Disorders in the U.S. Armed Forces will be held on July 19, 2011 from 9am - 5:00pm. The meeting will take place at the Beckman Center in Irvine, CA.
This study is a Congressionally mandated review of Department of Defense (DoD) prevention and treatment programs for substance use disorders, and is sponsored by the DoD. For more information, please refer to our Activity Page on the IOM website here.
Invited speakers include:
- Al Ozanian, Ph.D., TRICARE Management Activity
- John Sparks, TRICARE Regional Office-West
- Frank Maguire, M.D., TriWest
- Andrea Brooks Tucker, TRICARE Regional Office – South
- Debbie Del Rosario & Gary Proctor, M.D., ValueOptions
- Marie Mentor, TRICARE Regional Office – North
- Ian Schaffer, M.D. & John Wagoner, M.D., Healthnet Federal Services
- John Morrow, Ph.D., Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Abigail Gewirtz, Ph.D., University of Minnesota
- Ron Astor, Ph.D., University of Southern California
- Barbara Cohoon, Ph.D., National Military Family Association
- Lisa Najavits, Ph.D., Harvard University
- Anthony Hassan, Ph.D., University of Southern California
- Isabel Jacobson, M.P.H., Naval Health Research Center
- Cdr. Joseph Lawrence, PharmD, M.B.A., TRICARE Pharmacy Operations
- Lt. Gen. David Fridovich, U.S. Special Operations Command
- Lt. Col. Kevin Galloway, Army Pain Management Task Force
- Col. Chester Buckenmaier, Army Pain Management Task Force
An open microphone session is planned for the end of the public meeting. Each speaker will be limited to five minutes to address the committee due to time constraints and in the interest of allowing as many people to speak as possible. Please let us know in advance if you wish to address the committee during this session. You are also welcome to submit written comments to the committee at any time.
Please let us know in advance if you plan to attend the meeting. RSVP to Jon Sanders (firstname.lastname@example.org). Or register online through the meeting registration link.