Engaging the Private Sector and Developing Partnerships to Advance Health and the Sustainable Development Goals – Workshop Series (Part I)
The Forum on Public-Private Partnerships for Global Health and Safety (PPP Forum) fosters a collaborative community of multisectoral leaders from business, government, foundations, humanitarian and professional organizations, academia, and civil society to leverage the strengths of multiple sectors and disciplines to yield benefits for global health and safety. The PPP Forum is premised on the understanding that partnerships among these stakeholders can facilitate dialogue and knowledge exchange; utilize innovation and technological and process efficiencies; and synergistically advance humanitarian, international development, and global health interests. The U.S. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine provides a neutral evidence-based platform through which the PPP Forum is convened.
- To clarify the central role of health in sustainable economic and social development
- To clarify the value of private sector engagement in advancing health and the priorities set by the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- To highlight business strategies and models for private sector engagement in the SDGs
- To discuss opportunities and overcoming barriers in the formation of public-private partnerships to meet country-level sustainable development priorities
- To move toward an actionable framework for engaging the private sector and developing public-private partnerships to advance health-focused sustainable development priorities at the country level.
The two-day public workshop has been planned by an ad hoc expert committee. The intended audience is the PPP Forum members and the organizations they represent, other public and private entities that have participated in or are considering collaboration across sectors to further global health and safety, and academics and researchers across multiple disciplines who are focused on understanding the value proposition and impact of various models of public-private partnerships. This workshop focuses on engaging the private sector and developing partnerships to advance health and the SDGs. The PPP Forum will build on the content and discussions from the workshop with a complementary part II workshop on October 27-28, 2016, focused on the implementation of partnerships at the country level and metrics for evaluating partnership impacts and progress on the SDGs.
This meeting is free and open to the public, but registration is required.
Registration is now closed. All videos and presentations of the meeting are available on this page.
Please click on the link to the right to read a brief summary of the meeting.
Upcoming Meetings for this Activity
November 15, 2018 - November 16, 2018 (8:00 AM Eastern)