Future Financing of Health Professional Education: A Workshop
Tweeting about this workshop? Use our hashtag, #IHPEGF
An ad hoc committee will plan and conduct a two day public workshop to explore resources for financing health professional education in high, middle, and low income countries. The workshop will examine innovative methods for financially supporting investments in health professional education within and across professions that might include such topics as:
• Non-traditional methods of learning for improving financial efficiency
• Public private partnerships
• Inventive payment strategies, incentives, and social financing
• Modernizing and maximizing government support
• Maximizing investment by health care systems themselves
• Generating cost savings data reflecting greater returns on investments with healthier communities
These issues will be considered during the two day public workshop that will be planned and organized by an ad hoc committee of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. The committee will develop a workshop agenda, select and invite speakers and discussants, and moderate the discussions. Following the workshop, a summary of the event will be prepared by a designated rapporteur in accordance with institutional guidelines.
The workshop was free and open to the public. PowerPoint presentations and videos of the webcast recordings can be found in the links on the right side of this page.
Upcoming Meetings for this Activity
November 13, 2018 - November 14, 2018 (8:30 AM Eastern)
December 4, 2018 - December 5, 2018 (8:30 AM Eastern)