Jonsson Center: Transportation & Directions
Major airports serving the New England/Cape Cod area are:
- Logan Airport in Boston, MA
- T.F. Green Airport in Providence, Rl
Groups transporting large numbers of participants may need to hire the services of a local bus company. Bus transportation to the Falmouth/Woods Hole area is provided by Peter Pan Bus Lines, Inc. Car rental agencies operate at each airport location. Driving time from Boston or Providence is approximately 1.5 hours. The National Academies also contracts with White Tie Limousine Service. They can be reached at 508-563-9773.
Amtrak offers service directly into Providence, R.I. Local car rental agencies will pick up travelers at the station.
The Center operates a shuttle service (mini-van) which can assist in transporting meeting participants from their hotels to the Center. Arrangements should be made in advance with the receptionist at the Center or by calling the Center at least one half-hour prior to desired time of pickup.
From New York City
- Follow I-95 North through Connecticut and Rhode Island to Providence, Rl.
- Follow instructions below from Providence.
From Providence, RI
- Take I-95 North to Providence
- Take Exit 19 to Interstate 195 East Providence/Cape Cod
- In Fall River, follow 195E New Bedford/Cape Cod
- In Wareham take exit 22A/25East - Cape Cod/The Islands
- Follow signs to Bourne Bridge - Falmouth/The Islands
- Take South 28 Falmouth/Martha's Vineyard
- Follow sign for 28 South - Falmouth/Woods Hole
From Boston, MA
- Take Southeast Expressway to MA 3
- Take US6 to Sagamore
- Follow US6 to Buzzards Bay, over Bourne Bridge
- Go south on 28 to Falmouth/Woods Hole
To the Jonsson Center
- Entering Falmouth, follow signs toward Woods Hole
- At the second traffic signal on Woods Hole Road turn right on Quissett Harbor Road
- Proceed one block.
- Turn left on Quissett Avenue
- The Center entrance is located on the right, approximately 3/4 of a mile, and is identified by a large gray sign board.
Parking is free and space is usually plentiful. Participants are requested to park in the designated areas only and not on the lawn, driveways or in delivery entrances. Please observe all ONE WAY and NO PARKING signs.
Jonsson Center : 314 Quissett Avenue : Woods Hole, MA 02543 : 508-548-3760